You've been dreaming about a Yukon vacation, and now it's time to make your dream a reality! With so many great things to do and exciting ways to travel in the Yukon, it's hard to know where to start. We've assembled a list of questions to help make sure you have the Yukon experience of a lifetime.
- What kinds of activities do I want to do?
- Where do I want to go in the Yukon? How do I want to travel around?
- Do I want to travel alone or with a group?
- When do I want to visit the Yukon?
- How much do I want to spend?
- Do I want to handle the planning details myself, or do I want someone else to organize all or part of my Yukon trip?
Ask potential tour operators:
- How long have you been in business?
- What memberships and certifications do you have?
- Can you provide references from previous clients?
- Tell me about the experience of your trip leader and/or guides?
- What special experiences or insights can I gain on your tour that I can't get on my own?
- Does the physical activity on your trips match my ability?
- Can you accommodate my special needs? (e.g. mobility, dietary, language)
- What is the size of the group?
- What is included in the cost of the tour? Are there any ‘extras' like meals, liquor, airport transfers and tips?
- What is the company policy on reservations, deposits and cancellations?
- What am I responsible for? Always check the terms and conditions
Once you have answers to your questions, you'll be better able to decide what is the best tour and operator for you. Yukon trip planners and tour operators offer packages, scheduled trips and custom tours, and they can help you choose from a wide range of Yukon travel experiences, from half-day sightseeing and outdoor excursions to self-drive RV tours to lodge packages to multi-day wilderness adventures.