Kids just can't get enough of the Yukon's outdoor adventures and fun, engaging activities. Come to the Yukon and share true wilderness with your children. Enjoy terrific wildlife viewing opportunities and learn fascinating stories of the Klondike Gold Rush and First Nations heritage. Create great family memories while camping, hiking or visiting museums and seek out kid-friendly fun like fishing, rock climbing and gold panning.
Yukon kids tell us these are among their favourite fun activities:
- Come face-to-face with a seven-foot grizzly at the MacBride Museum of Yukon History's Wild World Gallery, and share an interactive experience for the whole family in the Discovery Zone for Kids.
- Take part in Yukon's family-friendly events and festivals like the Dawson City Music Festival, Yukon International Storytelling Festival, Sourdough Rendezvous and the Yukon Quest dog sledding race.
- Embark on a Beringia Quest and discover the Yukon during the Ice Age. Make a fossil, throw an atlatl spear, hunt for mammoths and learn about the beasts of Beringia.
- Step back in time to the days of the Klondike Gold Rush and try your hand at gold panning. Explore Bonanza Creek, and ride the Yukon River ferry at Dawson.
- Visit the Canada Games Centre in Whitehorse. Shoot down the Excelsior waterslide, swing from Tarzan ropes and bounce through the Lazy River. Shoot some hoops, visit the wellness centre or spend time with little tykes at the Playroom.